Isabella’s One Month Update!
This post is actually a couple of weeks late, but I can’t believe my little girl is already a month old!! Time is going by way too fast for this new mom!
All I want to do is snuggle with my little princess and make her smile. I guess I should let you all know (since I haven’t written a birth story yet) that my little girl was born on October 1st,2015. Her due date was for September 28,2015 but I guess she was not ready to come out yet and decided to choose a different day for her arrival! (that’s my little girl, already making her own decisions hehe ).
So here is the update on Isabella
- Isabella does not like being swaddle! it actually makes her very frantic. I think she was only swaddled a couple times, one at the hospital (after she was born) and the day we got home from the hospital. We have not been able to swaddle her ever since, therefore we have given up on that.
- She learned how to smile. In the beginning it was more like a side smile, but it has turned into a full smile now! (she melts my heart with that smile)
- She stopped wearing newborn diapers at 2 weeks old and have been using number one diapers ever since.
- She occasionally takes a pacifier, only when she is ready for her nap or at night time to go to sleep (she will not take a pacifier any other time)
- She is being breastfed and supplementing with formula (we had a rough time breastfeeding in the beginning but i’m working on turning this around!)
- She loves taking baths, but hates when she gets out and has to get dressed (she is just like her momma)
- She loves being held and does not like it when we put her down (it has been challenging getting things done around the house)
As for me, I would be lying if I said that caring for a baby is a piece of cake. It is a lot of work! but definitely worth it and rewarding in the end. I am still getting use to having little time for myself and getting things done when Isabella is asleep.
I think one of the hardest things is to get up two to three times during the night to feed Isabella. However, I am very blessed that David also helps with the feedings and changing diapers. He really is a great dad (love you babe!)
I still wear my maternity clothes, they fit kind of loose now, but i’m not back to my regular clothes yet and with the holidays around the corner; it wouldn’t be realistic to say that I’m gonna loose all the baby weight any time soon! (hehe). I think this is it for now, on to the next month, I’m excited to see what new things Isabella will do at two months.